Birdhouse clog with farmer's motif transparent lacquered
Nice clog designed as a nest box for a great tit. They are made of a farmer's wooden shoe on which you can walk. This is provided with a hole through which the birds can enter and a picture to create a closed space.
Hanging the nest box
- Always hang the nest box in a quiet place in your garden. This makes the birds feel safe and dare to enter. So it is wise not to hang it right next to the terrace if you often sit there in the spring.
- Do not hang the birdhouse clog in full sun.
- Make sure the nest box is sheltered from the wind. It is best to point the entrance opening to the northeast. The wind in the Netherlands often comes from the southwest.
- Make sure there are no branches directly in front of the opening because a free and safe flight path is important for the birds.
- Make sure that the cats cannot get to the nest box. When you hang it in a tree, make sure there is mesh around the tree so that the cats cannot climb into it.
- Make sure that the nesting boxes for a great tit or blue tit are at least three meters apart.
- Always hang the nest box securely so that it cannot swing or even fall down.
- Hanging can be done in the autumn. The birds can get used to it and the cupboard is even used as a place to sleep.
Do not forget
Clean the birdhouse clog with a farmer's motif every year in September or October with boiling water.